Hello! This is my first official DIY Project towards the wedding!! (I started these before the clutches.)
Our first project: Welcome Bags that will be handed out to our guests as they check into their hotel room. I’m starting these 10 months early so that I can make all of the bags and not have to worry about them later when things get busier. We will fill these with goodies at a later date.
- Medium White/Brown Craft Bag (8″x10″)
- Acrylic Stones
- Hot Glue Gun
- Craft Bags $5.99 and were 50% off at a weekly sale at Hobby Lobby– Paid $2.99 for 12- $0.25 each
- Ribbon- $1.99 and were 50% off at a weekly sale at Hobby Lobby– Paid $0.99 for 15 ft.- $0.14 per bag
- Acrylic Stones- $15.99 for 1 lb. and were 50% off at weekly sale at Hobby Lobby ~$0.03 per bag
- Hot glue the ribbon to the bag across the top of the perimeter. Our bags had a jagged edge so I thought it would look better with the ribbon about an inch below the top of the bag.
- Wait for the glue to harden
- Hot glue the acrylic stones to the ribbon area. Press to set them. (I used the low temperature hot glue gun so that I could immediately remove any glue remnants.)
- Ta-da!! You’re done!